Changing from paper filing to e-filing HVUT form 2290 is a very relaxing experience considering the ease & speed of form 2290 online filing through the IRS-approved e-file service provider like Precise2290. The Precise2290 platform has been designed with you, the user, in mind. There are just a few pieces of information that you’ll need to get started.
- Email Address for the Precise2290 account: Each user must have a valid email address to create an account. All email communications, including the delivery of your IRS digitally stamped Schedule 1 (Proof of Payment), will be sent to this email address.
- Standard Business Information: Whether you’re a tax professional filing on behalf of a client or filing for yourself, you will need to provide the business details of the organization for which the 2290 form is being filed. This information includes Business type (Corporation, Estates, Partnerships, Trust and Fiduciaries, Exempt Organization, Inc, LLC, Sole Proprietorship, and Others), Business Name, Doing Business As (DBA), Employer Identification Number (EIN), Business Address, Contact Information, and Signing Authority Details
- Vehicle(s) Information: First, you will need to provide the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for each vehicle. The VIN is a 17-character identification number used for vehicle identification. Next, you’ll need to know the gross weight of each vehicle. The tax calculation is based on the gross vehicle weight and the first use month of the vehicle. The gross weight is defined as the weight of the empty vehicle plus the weight of the cargo that it typically carries. Finally, you will also be required to provide the category of the vehicle to be filed (e.g. taxable, suspended, or agricultural.) Please note that no tax payment is required for suspended vehicles, but reporting the vehicle to the IRS is mandatory.
- IRS Payment Option Information : You can choose to pay IRS through any of the three available payment options: direct debit from your checking or savings account (using your bank routing and account number); Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) via the Department of Treasury; or check or money order submission.
- Credit Card Information for the Precise2290 Service Charge: We have to pay the bills too! Precise2290 accepts credit cards for form 2290 online service charge payment, including those from major providers such as American Express, Visa, and MasterCard. Your information is safe with us as our payment processing service is certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider, the highest certification in the industry.
If you have other questions about how to get started, please contact us via live chat, phone, or email! Our experts are happy to answer any questions you have and get you started with Precise2290 today.
About Precise2290 Precise2290 is a leading IRS-authorized e-file service provider offering you the best cloud-based solutions to perform online filings of Form 2290, Form 2290 Amendments, and Form 8849 (Other Claims). As part of our commitment to make e-filing quick & easy, we are always available and you can contact us over the phone at 240.308.5907. You can also reach us via live chat or email us at [email protected].