IRS HVUT form 2290 filing season is round the corner and the tax professionals and the trucking industry is getting ready to submit the filing as soon as the IRS starts accepting the truck taxes for the new tax year 2022-23 from 1st July. Starting June, Precise2290 has provided the Pre-filing option for the proactive filers to submit their form 2290 before the form 2290 filing season starts and avoid the busy filing season.
To our thousands of returning customers, a simple click of the “Copy Filing” option on the Precise2290 home page allows an easy copy of the previous year’s filing to create the new year’s form 2290 filing within a couple of seconds. On the Precise2290 platform, you can set up your pre-fillings so that they will automatically be submitted automatically the day the IRS starts accepting the form 2290 efiling on or after 1st July. When you use the Electronic Fund Withdrawal (EFW) option for payment, you will not be charged until the filing is actually accepted by the IRS system!
To our Precise2290 new users: congratulations on finding the leading IRS-authorized e-file service provider for Forms 2290 e-file! Our powerful form 2290 e-file platform has helped users easily file their heavy highway vehicle use tax (HVUT) form online for thousands of vehicles. Simply follow the steps below to get started:
- Create a free account on www.Precise2290.com
- Enter the required business information for Forms 2290, including your Doing Business As (DBA) name, Business type, Employer Identification Number (EIN), Address, Contact Information, and authorized signatory.
- Select the relevant HVUT form type (New Filing or Amendment) from the available options.
- Enter the first use month of the filing (July of the current year if you started operating prior to the month of July).
- Enter information for all taxable (>5000 miles), suspended (<5000 miles), and credit (destroyed/damaged/stolen/low mileage) vehicles. Our Precise2290 system will automatically calculate the total taxes and credits due based on the information provided on your fleet.
- Select the type of payment you will use for your HVUT payment to the IRS. IRS HVUT payments can be made by any of the four payment methods like electronic funds withdrawal(EFW), electronic federal tax payment system (EFTPS), check/money order, and credit/debit card payments
- Provide your consent to the IRS to disclose information about your HVUT payment to other federal agencies.
- Designate a third party to manage your Form 2290 e-filing with the IRS (optional)
- Review the Precise2290 filing summary and make any final changes to ensure all of your information is correct before submission.
- Pay the affordable Precise2290 service charge via Precise2290 eWallet or Credit Card.
- Download your completed Form 2290 immediately and the IRS Stamped Schedule 1 will be automatically emailed to your registered email on your account on the day IRS starts accepting form 2290 efiling.
And that’s it! Easy, right? As part of our commitment to make e-filing convenient, we are available via phone at (240) 308-5907 or via email at [email protected]. Contact us today for help getting started!